How To Access Master Definitions
To access Master Definitions System Settings views, your 25Live user must have security permissions set in Series25 Group Administration for each of the types that you wish to access, including:
- Events: Admin; 6.0 Manage Event Master Lists
- Event Requirement Notification Policy: Admin: 7.0 Set Event Notification Policy
- Event Types: Admin: 5.2 Manage Event Type Hierarchy
- Locations: Admin: 10.2 Manage Location Master Lists
- Resources: Admin: 11.2 Manage Resource Master Lists
- Organizations: Admin: 13.4 Manage Organization Master Lists
- Organization Ratings: Admin: 13.6 Edit Organization Ratings
- Organization Partition Preferences: Admin: 13.8 Edit Organization Location Preferences
- Contacts: Admin: 12.1 Create and View all active and inactive Contact Master Lists
If you would like any of the described settings changed for your user, contact your 25Live administrator.
1. Go to the System Settings View
After logging into 25Live Pro as a user with appropriate permissions, open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
2. Tap or Click the Master Definitions Link
Use the menu link to go to the System Settings view, then view the Master Definitions section.
See Working With Master Definitions for details on general navigation within the Master Definitions section and actions available to all types.
Available Role Types
You can create roles for the following object types:
- Event - functions contacts may perform for an event (such as Emergency Contact, Facilitator, etc.)
- Create roles for all the activities contacts might potentially perform for events so schedulers and other users can direct information and requests to the appropriate person
- Include only roles you want to track
- Organization - roles contacts may perform within an organization
- Create contact roles that are generic descriptions of jobs (example, Publicity Contact), not job titles
How To Add Roles
1. Open a Specific Role Type View
The Roles view within the Master Definitions section has submenus organized by object type for Event and Organization.
2. Use the Create New Button
To add a new role, use the Create New button. Your new role will appear at the top of the list.
3. Rename the New Role
The new role will have a default name that includes its ID number. Use the edit icon () to rename.
Both types of role allow you to edit the list or item with the following actions:
- Manually reorder items
- The Id number for each item is listed
- Edit the Name of the item
- Check or uncheck the Active status
- (for Event Roles) The Abridged checkbox controls if the item is only visible on an abridged list for users with limited permissions
- View the Usage of the item in events, searches, etc.
- Delete the item (if it is not being used)
- Force Delete the item (even if it's being used) and remove all references (available only to Administrators in the (-1) security group)
Use Caution With Force Delete
The option to "force delete" a master definition item should be taken with care. Be advised that some searches may no longer function as expected until you edit them to remove references.
If you manually change the sort order of Event contact roles, that order will be reflected in the Event Form.
Tip: Manually Sorting Item Display Order
The default display order for master definition items is to show them in alphabetical order. You can set the order that items will display by clicking on the row and dragging up or down. Use the Save Sort button to save the order.