25Live allows you to add and edit requirements for calendars and other uses in the Master Definitions section of the System Settings area. Event publishing requirements allow 25Live Publisher users to specify which calendar(s) specific events should be published to. Other requirements for events are needs that are relevant to an event as a whole, such as a parking permit for an extension class or an alcohol permit for a theater reception.
How To Access Master Definitions
To access Master Definitions System Settings views, your 25Live user must have security permissions set in Series25 Group Administration for each of the types that you wish to access, including:
- Events: Admin: 6.0 Manage Event Master Lists
- Event Requirement Notification Policy: Admin: 7.0 Set Event Notification Policy
- Event Types: Admin: 5.2 Manage Event Type Hierarchy
- Locations: Admin: 10.2 Manage Location Master Lists
- Resources: Admin: 11.2 Manage Resource Master Lists
- Organizations: Admin: 13.4 Manage Organization Master Lists
- Organization Ratings: Admin: 13.6 Edit Organization Ratings
- Organization Partition Preferences: Admin: 13.8 Edit Organization Location Preferences
- Contacts: Admin: 12.1 Create and View all active and inactive Contact Master Lists
If you would like any of the described settings changed for your user, contact your 25Live administrator.
1. Go to the System Settings View
After logging into 25Live Pro as a user with appropriate permissions, open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
2. Tap or Click the Master Definitions Link
Use the menu link to go to the System Settings view, then view the Master Definitions section.
See Working With Master Definitions for details on general navigation within the Master Definitions section and actions available to all types.
You can create requirements for the following object types:
- Other - Uncategorized requirements that can be used on the Event Form
- Think of items that apply to the overall event
- Determine which requirements you want to allow users to enter a quantity of when creating an event
- Remember that quantities of requirements aren’t automatically decremented. If you need decrementing, create a resource instead
- Calendar - Requirements related to publishing.
- Create calendar requirements that allow authorized 25Live users to indicate which web calendar (s) an event should be published to; for example, Publish to Athletics Calendar.
How To Add Requirements
1. Open a Specific Requirement Type View
The Requirements view within the Master Definitions section has submenus organized by object type for Other and Calendar.
2. Use the Create New Button
To add a new item, use the Create New button. Your new requirement will appear at the top of the list.
3. Rename the New Requirement
The new item will have a default name that includes its ID number. Use the edit icon () to rename.
Both types of requirements allow you to edit the list or item with the following actions:
- Manually reorder items
- The Id number for each item is listed
- Edit the Name of the item
- Check or uncheck the Active status
- The Abridged checkbox controls if the item is only visible on an abridged list for users with limited permissions
- Check or uncheck Allow Comment
- "Other" requirement type only: Check or uncheck an option to Allow Quantity to be displayed on the Event Form
- Set Notification Policy (see more detail below)
- View the Usage of the item in events, searches, etc.
- Use the Report column to run the "Master Definition Usage - Excel" report to export usage information
- Delete the item (if it is not being used)
- Force Delete the item (even if it's being used) and remove all references (available only to Administrators in the (-1) security group)
Use Caution With Force Delete
The option to "force delete" a master definition item should be taken with care. Be advised that some searches may no longer function as expected until you edit them to remove references.
Tip: Manually Sorting Item Display Order
The default display order for master definition items is to show them in alphabetical order. You can set the order that items will display by clicking on the row and dragging up or down. Use the Save Sort button to save the order.
Both requirement types have an additional editing option for setting notification policy. You can define a notification policy based on a particular event requirement. When a user creates an event with that requirement, the notification is automatically sent to the 25Live Task List of the user(s) specified in the notification policy.
Example: You could define a notification policy that sends an "Information Only" notification to the task list of the head of campus security every time an event is created with an alcohol permit requirement.
In the Notification Policy column, use the Show button to reveal options, including:
- The Approval Type that is required, By at least one contact or By all
- The number of Days, Hours, and Minutes of the event creation date that approval is required within
- The ability to Add Contact for the policy
Use the Save button to save your choices.