25Live Pro allows you to define a list of the physical features of locations (and the quantity of each) in the Master Definitions section of the System Settings area that you can then associate with individual locations.
How To Access Master Definitions
To access Master Definitions System Settings views, your 25Live user must have security permissions set in Series25 Group Administration for each of the types that you wish to access, including:
- Events: Admin: 6.0 Manage Event Master Lists
- Event Requirement Notification Policy: Admin: 7.0 Set Event Notification Policy
- Event Types: Admin: 5.2 Manage Event Type Hierarchy
- Locations: Admin: 10.2 Manage Location Master Lists
- Resources: Admin: 11.2 Manage Resource Master Lists
- Organizations: Admin: 13.4 Manage Organization Master Lists
- Organization Ratings: Admin: 13.6 Edit Organization Ratings
- Organization Partition Preferences: Admin: 13.8 Edit Organization Location Preferences
- Contacts: Admin: 12.1 Create and View all active and inactive Contact Master Lists
If you would like any of the described settings changed for your user, contact your 25Live administrator.
1. Go to the System Settings View
After logging into 25Live Pro as a user with appropriate permissions, open the More menu in the top navigation bar.
2. Tap or Click the Master Definitions Link
Use the menu link to go to the System Settings view, then view the Master Definitions section.
See Working With Master Definitions for details on general navigation within the Master Definitions section and actions available to all types.
How To Add Features
1. Use the Create New Button
To add a new feature, use the Create New button. Your new item will appear at the top of the list.
For Location Features:
- Don’t tie features to particular location types; for example, have a feature such as “Seating, Tiered,” not “Science Lab, Seating, Tiered”
- List only features that will be requested
- List only features that don’t exist in all locations
- Group features by name and type so users can easily find them; for example, “Board, Erasable, Large,” “Board, Erasable, Small,” and so on
- If you’re planning to use the Schedule25 Optimizer, check the Schedule25 box of each feature you want to include in Optimizer processing
2. Rename the New Item
The new feature will have a default name that includes its ID number. Use the edit icon () to rename.
You can edit the list or item with the following actions:
- Manually reorder items
- The Id number for each item is listed
- Edit the Name of the item
- Check or uncheck the Active status
- The Abridged checkbox controls if the item is only visible on an abridged list for users with limited permissions
- Check whether or not you want to include the feature for use in the Schedule25 Optimizer
- View the Usage of the item in events, searches, etc.
- Delete the item (if it is not being used)
- Force Delete the item (even if it's being used) and remove all references (available only to Administrators in the (-1) security group)
Use Caution With Force Delete
The option to "force delete" a master definition item should be taken with care. Be advised that some searches may no longer function as expected until you edit them to remove references.
Tip: Manually Sorting Item Display Order
The default display order for master definition items is to show them in alphabetical order. You can set the order that items will display by clicking on the row and dragging up or down. Use the Save Sort button to save the order.